Sendmail license in kinit

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 10 20:14:27 BST 2007

Alex Merry wrote:
> Also, the ProFTPd license has an exemption for distributing with
> OpenSSL.  Obviously, that doesn't apply to kdeinit.  I seem to remember
> that such exemptions can be discarded by redistributors, but can
> someone confirm this?  If so, I'll get rid of it, because it's
> pointless in this context.

IANAL but I believe that is correct, you are simply removing a
permission which is OK. But to be 100% safe you really should check with
a lawyer. :-)

I'm pretty sure fsf.org has dealt with this question before; you
probably want to check the GPL FAQ (I think they also have a forum for
asking this sort of licensing question).

--
Matthew
"Ah, yes. Control the media and you control the world."