KToggleAction in menus

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Tue May 1 23:16:24 BST 2007

On Tuesday 01 May 2007, Thomas McGuire wrote:
> > I'm assuming the checkbox is unconditionally displayed for
> > KToggleAction, in which case the text shouldn't change when
> > toggled.
> >
> > Should the alternative ("Hide") text be discarded?
>
> IMHO no. KMail has the same bug (the mark as todo/important context
> menus). In KMail however, KToggleAction::setCheckedState is called
> for those actions, I assume KWrite does the same. Acording to the
> APIDOX at
> http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/apidocs/apidox-kde-4.0/kdelibs
>-apidocs/kdeui/html/classKToggleAction.html#22ba13df6bebeacf0415746391
>61aaaf , the checkbox should not be shown when
> KToggleAction::setCheckedState was called (" This feature replaces
> the checkmark that usually appears in front of the text, in menus.").
> However the checkbox is still shown after the call, which indicates
> this is a bug in KToogleAction.

I noticed that in the APIDOX.  I think that's because the APIDOX is
out-of-sync with the code.

The inconsistency can be resolved either way - by removing the checkbox,
or by keeping consistent text.  I'm inclined to say keep the checkbox,
but I wanted to see what other people thought first.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org