KDE4 default shortcut theme

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 19:15:28 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 19:14, Thomas Zander wrote:

> Your example for KWord is a good one; KWord in KOffice2 doesn't have nearly
> as much actions on the toolbar as the older KWord did. Most of the
> toolbuttons have been moved to one or more dockers.  And this is something
> all KOffice apps are doing.

OK, that was a question I had for the toolbars section: I think KDE4 should
much more support dynamic support of the current context of use, e.g. when
editing a table, extended table options should appear automatically so the
user does not have to go to the menu.

i was not sure if this should be done by toolbars or dockers. dockers allow
the usage of more interactive widgets. but toolbars better dock into the
application (at least for small panels). in the toolbars guidelines
(http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Guidelines:Tool_Bar), i
wrote people should use dynamic toolbars, that's why i think keyboard access
is important. i can change this suggestion to dynamic dockers if that is what
koffice supports.

--
Ellen Reitmayr
KDE Usability Project