KDE4 default shortcut theme

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 12:44:12 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 13:23, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> On Thursday 29 of March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Olaf and me went through the KDE system shortcuts and suggest a few
> > changes for the KDE4 default shortcuts. For one, we would like to add
> > some alternative keyboard combination for a higher consistency with other
> > systems, for the other we'd like to introduce several new shortcuts which
> > are required for full keyboard access (accessibility). The latter
> > requires changes in the libs.
> >
> > Suggested new keyboard shortcuts (for 3 modifier keys):
> > * Focus switch between panel and desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Tab (should show list
> > of components -> much like Alt-Tab to directly jump to a widget in the
> > panel)
>
>  What exactly should this be? Is this for KWin?

we currently don't have a way to access the panel by keyboard.
gnome provides such a list which makes it faster to access panel components.
we think it;s a good idea.

> > As changes in the default keyboard shortcuts we suggest
> >
> > * Switch to next desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Right (Ctrl-Tab is needed to get focus
> > out of text fields)
> > * Switch to previous desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Left
>
>  I don't know about KDE4, but in KDE3 desktops are presented in 2D grid by
> default, so shouldn't this be rather Right,Left,Up,Down?

in the current scheme we have:

switch to next desktop
switch to previous desktop
switch one desktop to right
switch one desktop to left
switch one desktop to up
switch one desktop to down

maybe a good opportunity to shorten this list?!

--
Ellen Reitmayr
KDE Usability Project