KDE4 default shortcut theme

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Mar 29 12:23:51 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 of March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Olaf and me went through the KDE system shortcuts and suggest a few changes
> for the KDE4 default shortcuts. For one, we would like to add some
> alternative keyboard combination for a higher consistency with other
> systems, for the other we'd like to introduce several new shortcuts which
> are required for full keyboard access (accessibility). The latter requires
> changes in the libs.
>
> Suggested new keyboard shortcuts (for 3 modifier keys):
> * Focus switch between panel and desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Tab (should show list of
> components -> much like Alt-Tab to directly jump to a widget in the panel)

 What exactly should this be? Is this for KWin?

> As changes in the default keyboard shortcuts we suggest
>
> * Switch to next desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Right (Ctrl-Tab is needed to get focus
> out of text fields)
> * Switch to previous desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Left

 I don't know about KDE4, but in KDE3 desktops are presented in 2D grid by
default, so shouldn't this be rather Right,Left,Up,Down?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz