KDE4 default shortcut theme

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Mar 29 15:30:18 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 of March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 13:23, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 of March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > > Suggested new keyboard shortcuts (for 3 modifier keys):
> > > * Focus switch between panel and desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Tab (should show
> > > list of components -> much like Alt-Tab to directly jump to a widget in
> > > the panel)
> >
> >  What exactly should this be? Is this for KWin?
>
> we currently don't have a way to access the panel by keyboard.
> gnome provides such a list which makes it faster to access panel
> components. we think it;s a good idea.

 I see. That's most probably for me then. Implementing such shortcut should
not be a problem, but I don't think it should be set up by default. Normal
users use the mouse anyway.

> > > As changes in the default keyboard shortcuts we suggest
> > >
> > > * Switch to next desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Right (Ctrl-Tab is needed to get
> > > focus out of text fields)
> > > * Switch to previous desktop: Ctrl-Alt-Left
> >
> >  I don't know about KDE4, but in KDE3 desktops are presented in 2D grid
> > by default, so shouldn't this be rather Right,Left,Up,Down?
>
> in the current scheme we have:
>
> switch to next desktop
> switch to previous desktop
> switch one desktop to right
> switch one desktop to left
> switch one desktop to up
> switch one desktop to down
>
> maybe a good opportunity to shorten this list?!

 I don't think there's any need to shorten the list, why? As long as they
don't have anything assigned by default (which they don't now). Even if you
want some keys assigned by default, it'd be just about having sensible
defaults and the rest turned off.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz