KDE4 default shortcut theme

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 11:52:06 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007 11:58, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > > * Focus to menu: F10
> >
> > As an alternative to Alt or completely replacing it? What about the
> > Konsole case?
>
> as an alternative. alt only works in combination with an accelerator
> keys.

No, pressing Alt alone focuses the menu (in many cases, but not in the
KMail composer, as I see). In Konsole this is the only solution to
reach the menu,as F10 might be used by the application running inside
Konsole. But having F10 as an alternative is OK.

> > > * Show context menu of this pane (not focused widget): Ctrl-F10
> >
> > I don't understand this. For which widget will the context menu
> > appear for Ctrl-F10? And again, only shortcut or alternative to the
> > context menu button (which I can imagine is not on all keyboards)?
>
> the container the widget is located in. e.g. in konqueror, focus is
> on an item, Ctrl-F10 opens the context menu of the panel, not the
> item.

Ok, so this is different from the context menu button. Fine for me.

Andras