KDE4 default shortcut theme

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 12:11:00 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 12:52, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > On Thursday 29 March 2007 11:58, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >

> > as an alternative. alt only works in combination with an accelerator
> > keys.
>
> No, pressing Alt alone focuses the menu

Yes, and the first time I saw it was in Win95.  Which IMO makes it a standard.

The user typing alt-f indeed noted the problem when that shortcut does not
exist.  But the same problem exists with alt-o not being available because
there is no 'Ok' button, for example.

The real shortcut here is;

[alt] (release it) [enter].

Which IIRC works on all systems.

I share Andras' concerns wrt reserving yet another key for some users.  We
don't have that many keys to give out.
--
Thomas Zander