KDE4 default shortcut theme

Ellen Reitmayr ellen at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 11:26:59 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 11:58, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Thursday 29 March 2007, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> > * Focus to menu: F10
>
> As an alternative to Alt or completely replacing it? What about the
> Konsole case?

as an alternative. alt only works in combination with an accelerator keys.
we've seen blind users pressing alt-f to get into the menu, but some windows
don't have a file menu, but "&Message", "&Engage" or whatever. it's hard to
get into the menu then, that's why there should be an alternative. f10 is
also used by other systems, that's why we chose it.

> > * Show context menu of this pane (not focused widget): Ctrl-F10
>
> I don't understand this. For which widget will the context menu appear
> for Ctrl-F10? And again, only shortcut or alternative to the context
> menu button (which I can imagine is not on all keyboards)?

the container the widget is located in. e.g. in konqueror, focus is on an
item, Ctrl-F10 opens the context menu of the panel, not the item.

--
Ellen Reitmayr
KDE Usability Project