Access keys

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Mar 29 10:51:15 BST 2007

On Thursday 29 March 2007 11:09, Ellen Reitmayr wrote:
> Olaf and me also had a look at access keys and would love to see the
> following changes:
>
> Initialisation: Alt-Shift-Space instead of Ctrl
> Direct call of a (known) access key: Alt-Shift-<key>

Some time ago we discussed this very topic on k-c-d and a feature that Qt4
would bring was to specify a specific key. Not the character that it
generates.
This means that you should be able to give a shortcut to (for example) the key
one right of the enter key.  No matter which character it generates (due to
different keyboard layouts).
For cases like accessibility we should then be able to choose a smarter key
and then build the rest of the keyboard shortcuts around that.

Is that feature available in Qt4 by now?
--
Thomas Zander