Speech-to-text daemon/input/control

Hristo Ivanov gadnio at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 09:19:43 BST 2007

Hello,
I'd like to have speech input and control inside KDE.

One possible soluition is tight integration with the CMU Sphinx project,
located at http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/

When speaking of speech input i mean text input in text boxes, menus, etc.
to be entered from the output of such a text-to-speech program. E.g. when I
start speaking and the focus is inside a text box, what I say should be
converted to text and entered inside the box.

When speaking of speech control, I mean adding some global/local actions
that can be controled with simple speech commands, say, "save", "exit",
"open", "logout", etc.

I know this may be a though area and needs collaboration with the sphinx
project, also possibly with the X11 folks, and, to be consistent, with GNOME
folks, but it would be great to have such functionality inside the desktop.

It could also be of temendous help to the disabled people.

--
What does not kill us only makes us stronger.