KNewStuff2 merge

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Mon Mar 26 12:14:01 BST 2007

Monday again, update here:

Am Montag, 19. März 2007 12:57 schrieb Josef Spillner:
> The only monday which according to the release plan allows the substitution
> itself is March 26 (aka SF-1).

KNewStuff2 does now mostly work, although it looks everything but pretty. I
could rush it in later today, but I wonder if this is sensible, since no
applications except for KHangMan have been evaluated for porting yet.

Some input from the release team would be nice in order to know how far the
subsystem freeze deadline could be stretched in such a case. I'd welcome an
extra week for the tests especially with existing data providers.

There's also someone (ruphy) working on something called a "Plasmagik API"
which would assume a certain packaging and installation format based on the
KNS2 engine. If this turns out to be useful, it might well be the primary API
for apps in the future. However, this is even more off the schedule right
now, and still in development. This API is mostly what you can find in the
KNS2 namespace on techbase, while KNS2 has a nice doc/ directory.

Josef