Strigi Analyzers

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 10:30:09 GMT 2007

2007/3/22, John Tapsell <johnflux at gmail.com>:
> > By the way, is there a possibility to have strigi also use other source of
> information about a file than the file contents themselves? More
> specifically, I think of using the digikam database to associate image files
> with the information stored in digikam.
>
> Hmm this would indeed be quite useful.
>
> On a similar note, I'd quite like to use my mythtv database to
> associate video files with the information in stored in mythtv.
You could open such a database when you encounter a video or jpg in the stream.
But to keep it quick, you'd need to initialize the database in the
analyzer constructor. The analyzer is kept across files, so that's
possible. You'd want to do a check for the depth of the file, in other
words, how deeply the file is embedded. If it embedded, the database
probably wont have any info on it.

Cheers,
Jos