Strigi Analyzers

Tobias G. Pfeiffer tgpfeiffer at web.de
Thu Mar 22 10:37:06 GMT 2007

Hi!

On Thursday 22 March 2007, 10:09, John Tapsell wrote:
> > By the way, is there a possibility to have strigi also use other source
> > of information about a file than the file contents themselves? More
> > specifically, I think of using the digikam database to associate image
> > files with the information stored in digikam.
>
> Hmm this would indeed be quite useful.
>
> On a similar note, I'd quite like to use my mythtv database to
> associate video files with the information in stored in mythtv.

Reading http://nepomuk-kde.semanticdesktop.org/xwiki/bin/view/Main/, your
mythtv and my digikam seem to provide meta-data of type 2:
"Metadata created manually by the user. In the most simple case this can be a
comment to a file or an email."
as opposed to meta-data of type 1:
"Metadata that can be found in files stored on the local harddisk like tag
information in audio files, timestamps, or simple indexed text. This metadata
can be extracted and indexed at any time"
Strigi's strength, due to its speed and stream-using approach is probably only
the extraction of type-1-meta-data. The linkage of external information to a
file is probably rather nepomuk's task than strigi's one.

Bye
Tobias

--
Sent from a 100% Microsoft free computer.