New class KListWidgetSearchLine

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Tue Mar 13 20:03:28 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 7:18 pm, David Faure wrote:
> On Monday 12 March 2007, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Dilluns 12 Març 2007, Benjamin Meyer va escriure:

> > > Hmm, well before it goes in we need two apps that use it,
> >
> > Does "lots of apps" count?
>
> I agree with Albert, there is ample need for this.
>
> Benjamin, kdelibs isn't bad competition for Qt, there's no need to shoot
> down any suggestion for a widget in kdeui ;)

I didn't shoot it down.  I was simply giving feedback based upon the KDE
policie for kdelibs.  To go into libs KDE require two apps and docs.  The
class is small, docs should not be a problem to write same goes to porting
two apps to use it.  I though autotests were required, but looking at the
policy autotests were never added.  Provided the policy is followed I see no
reason why it can't go in.

> > > and autotests.
> >
> > You need autotests this?

It would be nice.

> Autotests never hurt, but it would be quite unfair to require it for gui
> stuff at this point, we don't have many examples of gui unittests yet. I do
> request unittests for core stuff, since those are easier to write, but for
> gui stuff we need more experience in that area [btw being able to read TT's
> unit tests would help...]

There is some talk in TT to try to get some of the autotests released, but
nothing is currently happening that I know of.  Like you mentioned a big
reason is that it is an excellent example of usage of the qtestlib.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox
Public Key: http://www.icefox.net/public_key.asc