KDE4 KProcess status

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Mar 11 14:13:09 GMT 2007

On 11.03.07 14:21:46, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 11.03.07 08:55:51, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 11:58:54PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > > Well, having a quick look at the source I don't see why for example
> > > setWorkingDirectory doesn't work when executing qmake directly in the
> > > KProcess without using setUsingShell().
> > > So my vooodoo really isn't good enough to find fixes here :(
> > >
> > after a first look, mine isn't either.
> > my guess would be that this depends on some env vars set by the shell,
> > i.e., you are not seeing a kprocess bug, but an unexpected qmake
> > behavior. just invoke something that prints the wd+env instead of qmake
> > to verify this theory.
>
> Hmm, maybe the new process doesn't get proper environment set. A shell
> script that is executable in $HOME/bin (which is in the PATH of my
> account) doesn't seem to get executed, or at least the file that it
> prints wd+env to is never executeded...
>
> Also the normal output of that script doesn't seem to be "emitted", i.e.
> the slots that are connected to the receivedStdout/Stderr signals don't
> get called.
>
> Checking wether the process is running after calling start() its not
> even started as it seems. Even if I give the absolute path to the
> script...

I was wrong :) I had a cd <workingdir> injected into the process, now
the script is executed.

Looking at the output I don't see anything and re-trying what was
originally a problem it seems it isn't anymore.

So the only real problem for me that is left is if KProcess really gets
ditched. Because currently Qt4 QProcess doesn't work when debugging the
app inside KDevelop3 due to unix-signal-problems (I think) with KDE3
KProcess. What I see there is that the Qt4 QProcess never sends out any
of its signals. This works fine when only running the app or when using
plain gdb and our debugger doesn't do any unix-signal handling itself.
I'm probably going to bug TT with that though, maybe they can sort that
out somehow...

Andreas

--
Tuesday is the Wednesday of the rest of your life.