KDE4 KProcess status

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Mar 11 14:27:09 GMT 2007

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>So the only real problem for me that is left is if KProcess really gets
>ditched. Because currently Qt4 QProcess doesn't work when debugging the
>app inside KDevelop3 due to unix-signal-problems (I think) with KDE3
>KProcess. What I see there is that the Qt4 QProcess never sends out any
>of its signals. This works fine when only running the app or when using
>plain gdb and our debugger doesn't do any unix-signal handling itself.
>I'm probably going to bug TT with that though, maybe they can sort that
>out somehow...

QProcess does not require Unix signals to work. It does require the
SIGCHLD signal to be notified of child processes terminating. But that
doesn't affect reading and writing.

It changes SIGHUP and SIGPIPE a bit, but it shouldn't influence the
outcome. Those are only used in detached processes.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358