KDE4 KProcess status

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sat Mar 10 22:27:24 GMT 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:56:38PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> I'd like to know wether there's a maintainer for KProcess and what the
> plans are for it.

i'm what comes closest to being a maintainer.
the plan is to abandon this gruesome beast. however, this plan still
requires some features being added to qprocess.
plan b is to rewrite it almost from scratch. this plan sucks.
plan c is to add some band-aids and release it as is. and die in shame.
this plan sucks even more.
i'll report on this in a few days.
of course you are invited to do some short-term fixes. feel free to send
me the patches for review - you have the choice between being dwarfed
privately in advance or publically on kde-commits afterwards. :)