KDE4 KProcess status

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Mar 10 22:58:54 GMT 2007

On 10.03.07 23:27:24, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:56:38PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > I'd like to know wether there's a maintainer for KProcess and what the
> > plans are for it.
> >
> i'm what comes closest to being a maintainer.
> the plan is to abandon this gruesome beast. however, this plan still
> requires some features being added to qprocess.

That sounds like a good plan :)

> of course you are invited to do some short-term fixes. feel free to send
> me the patches for review - you have the choice between being dwarfed
> privately in advance or publically on kde-commits afterwards. :)

Well, having a quick look at the source I don't see why for example
setWorkingDirectory doesn't work when executing qmake directly in the
KProcess without using setUsingShell(). So my vooodoo really isn't good
enough to find fixes here :(

However if you need someone to test patches to make QProcess behaven
better when executed in a KDE4 app that runs inside a KDE3-debugger-app
just let me know I'll happily test and provide any feedback you need.

Andreas

--
Beware of Bigfoot!