New maintainer needed for Cervisia...

Christian Loose christian.loose at hamburg.de
Mon Mar 5 19:23:31 GMT 2007

André Wöbbeking schrieb:
> On Sunday 04 March 2007, Andras Mantia wrote:
>
>> On Saturday 03 March 2007, Christian Loose wrote:
>>
>>> Because the (IMHO) best cvs gui client deserves something better, I
>>> step down as maintainer to hopefully make
>>> place for someone willing and able to put more time into it.
>>>
>> Christian, please write somne words about the status of the
>> subversion support. Many of us waiting for it, and would like to see
>> if this can be finished for KDE4 or if - in you opinion - it would
>> take too much time, or would not make sense to do it.
>>

> There is a working branch
> (svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/cervisia/subversion_support/kdesdk/cervisia)
> which is useable for developers for daily work (update, commit, add,
> remove, log, annotate, diff) but not for production use.
>
> Due the lack of time there will probably be no svn support in the KDE
> 4.0 version :-(

To elaborate:

The branch is based on KDE 3.5. So there is quite some porting to do.
Especially since I would have
done a few design decision differently with knowledge about KDE 4 libs
new features, like e.g. KJob
classes.

Also some stuff is already pretty old (also in trunk). For example the
file list view is hand made and without
KDirWatch support. The diff view is based on the QtTableView class which
doesn't exist since Qt 2.x.

But there is also a bright side. The basic daily work functionality
works. You can subtly change between
CVS and SVN working copies and things like update, commit, add/remove,
etc will just work.

So I hope someone will finish the subversion support and port it to KDE
4.x. That would be great!

Bye,
Christian