Strigi / CLuence on win32

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 20:48:00 GMT 2007

2007/3/2, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:
> Jos van den Oever schrieb:
> > 2007/3/2, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:
> <snipsnap>
> >> Please mask this with an NOT WIN32 because it's impossible to get strigi
> >> working on win32 until then.
> >
> >> Do you know someone who is interested in the win32 port of strigi? We
> >> can help, but I don't think we are able to port this lib too...
> >
> > Is it really that hard? Can you explain what the problems are? I dont
> > see how the libs can be static when I define them as SHARED. You can
> > leave out CLucene for now, which means the # of deps is really small.
> >
> My current problems:
>
> some posix functions are not available on win32 -> we solve this with
> kdewin32 lib, strigi does not handle this. I added kdewin32 and it
> worked afaics
Can you tell me which ones? I thought I had them covered. I must have
added more since the last compile on windows.

> There is no static lib atm, but shared libs need to export functions
> with Q_DECL_DLLEXPORT to be accessible on win32. It's hard to understand
> for a linux guy, but I think that the kdelibs devs now understand how it
> works ;-)
> When there is no export, the only solution to access the function is a
> static lib.
Ok, I take it that this is done by KDEEXPORT, right?
Is there a doc on how to handle this or can you patch the code?

> I currently get an error in
> E:\kde\strigi\src\streamindexer\streamindexer.cpp(188) -
> IFilterEndAnalyzerFactory is abstract because of
> jstreams::StreamEndAnalyzerFactory::registerFields()
This analyzer plugin was not tested for a while. You can either add
the missing function or disable it. It only works on windows with
windows specific software for analyzing streams.