Strigi / CLuence on win32

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Fri Mar 2 20:52:00 GMT 2007

Jos van den Oever schrieb:
> 2007/3/2, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:
>> Jos van den Oever schrieb:
>> > 2007/3/2, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:
>> <snipsnap>
>> strigi

>> > Is it really that hard? Can you explain what the problems are? I dont
>> > see how the libs can be static when I define them as SHARED. You can
>> > leave out CLucene for now, which means the # of deps is really small.
>> >
>> My current problems:
>>
>> some posix functions are not available on win32 -> we solve this with
>> kdewin32 lib, strigi does not handle this. I added kdewin32 and it
>> worked afaics
> Can you tell me which ones? I thought I had them covered. I must have
> added more since the last compile on windows.

C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:23:22:
sys/wait.h: No such file or directory
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp: In destructor
`virtual jstreams::ProcessInputStream::~ProcessInputStream()':
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:64: error:
`SIGTERM' was not declared in this scope
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:64: error:
`kill' was not declared in this scope
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:64: warning:
unused variable 'SIGTERM'
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:64: warning:
unused variable 'kill'
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp: In member
function `void jstreams::ProcessInputStream::runCmd()':
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:121: error:
`pipe' was not declared in this scope
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:123: error:
`fork' was not declared in this scope
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:123: warning:
unused variable 'fork'
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:121: warning:
unused variable 'pipe'
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp: In member
function `void jstreams::ProcessInputStream::runCmdWithInput()':
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:150: error:
`pipe' was not declared in this scope
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:153: error:
`fork' was not declared in this scope
C:\Daten\kde4\strigi\src\streams\processinputstream.cpp:153: warning:
unused variable 'fork'
mingw32-make[2]: ***
[src/streams/CMakeFiles/streams.dir/processinputstream.obj] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [src/streams/CMakeFiles/streams.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>> There is no static lib atm, but shared libs need to export functions
>> with Q_DECL_DLLEXPORT to be accessible on win32. It's hard to understand
>> for a linux guy, but I think that the kdelibs devs now understand how it
>> works ;-)
>> When there is no export, the only solution to access the function is a
>> static lib.
> Ok, I take it that this is done by KDEEXPORT, right?
> Is there a doc on how to handle this or can you patch the code?
>
>> I currently get an error in
>> E:\kde\strigi\src\streamindexer\streamindexer.cpp(188) -
>> IFilterEndAnalyzerFactory is abstract because of
>> jstreams::StreamEndAnalyzerFactory::registerFields()
> This analyzer plugin was not tested for a while. You can either add
> the missing function or disable it. It only works on windows with
> windows specific software for analyzing streams.
>

>> Compiling with MinGW should be not such a big problem as soon as it's
>> working with msvc.

There are some minor problems.

Ralf