Strigi / CLuence on win32

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Fri Mar 2 20:36:15 GMT 2007

Jos van den Oever schrieb:
> 2007/3/2, Christian Ehrlicher <Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de>:
<snipsnap>
>> Please mask this with an NOT WIN32 because it's impossible to get strigi
>> working on win32 until then.
>
>> Do you know someone who is interested in the win32 port of strigi? We
>> can help, but I don't think we are able to port this lib too...
>
> Is it really that hard? Can you explain what the problems are? I dont
> see how the libs can be static when I define them as SHARED. You can
> leave out CLucene for now, which means the # of deps is really small.

My current problems:

some posix functions are not available on win32 -> we solve this with
kdewin32 lib, strigi does not handle this. I added kdewin32 and it
worked afaics

There is no static lib atm, but shared libs need to export functions
with Q_DECL_DLLEXPORT to be accessible on win32. It's hard to understand
for a linux guy, but I think that the kdelibs devs now understand how it
works ;-)
When there is no export, the only solution to access the function is a
static lib.

I currently get an error in
E:\kde\strigi\src\streamindexer\streamindexer.cpp(188) -
IFilterEndAnalyzerFactory is abstract because of
jstreams::StreamEndAnalyzerFactory::registerFields()

Compiling with MinGW should be not such a big problem as soon as it's
working with msvc.

Christian