RFC: problems with splitting up kdebase

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Tue Jun 26 13:35:31 BST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007 14:04:35 David Faure wrote:
> Compatible yes, but how do you add methods to the interface and still
> compile with older versions of kdelibs? Won't work.

I suggest to add @version="..." to the @name="..." attribute of <interface>.
This way, we can generate code from newer (local) interface files and still
have static checking for compatibility, e.g. at EBN.
As soon as compatibility cannot be guaranteed anymore, the name (and filename)
of the interface will have to change, and therefore always having the latest
interface in ${DBUS_INTERFACES_DIR} won't do any harm.

Josef