RFC: problems with splitting up kdebase

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Tue Jun 26 11:33:47 BST 2007

On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> a) apps/konqueror needs orc.kde.org.kdesktop.*.xml from workspace/kdesktop

Regarding DBus interface descriptions, I think we should put them somewhere
into kdelibs/interfaces.

Rationale: with the release of an application the DBus interface has to be
kept compatible (perhaps with the exception of parts that are explicitly
marked as internal or so - I think this was discussed before, don't remember
how we wanted to handle this exactly). So in order to make it easier
a) for the app developer to realize that this is a public interface
b) for other app developers to correctly use the DBus interface
I think those should go into kdelibs

(I've said that before for the kweather DBus interface...)

http://Vir.homelinux.org/
Matthias.Kretz at urz.uni-heidelberg.de