'strict' color mode?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 21 23:38:42 BST 2007

Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> [ Matthew Woehlke, Do., 21. Jun. 2007 ]
>> Request for clarification: If that's the case, then is this really a
>> 'only use colors in the color scheme' setting, or a 'globally disable
>> background images' setting? I suspect there is a world of difference
>> between the two.
>
> For the user, it is meant to be the first, but applications are meant to only
> bother with the latter (at least in long-term perspective).

> We decided against the option name "hide background images by default" because
> it also effects the some of the planned KCS convenience functions. It might
> make sense, however, to use "Strict mode: Do not show default background
> images" in 4.0 until KCS is extended to handle the more complicated
> application cases that would be effected by the setting.

 From aseigo's perspective (and mine) we don't really care what the
check box the user sees says (changing that is not BIC :-) ), we care
what the API looks like. So it sounds like what we want from KGS
currently is "KGlobalSettings::allowBackgroundImages()".

I think I would actually like better to keep this as a separate option,
as some users might want to do that without the KCS stuff :-), but
anyway I think the consensus is that the "other stuff", which may or may
not be coupled to not using background images, will be handled by KCS
some time in the future (i.e. not in 4.0).

--
Matthew
"Request to turn back time / And rectify my wrongs..."