'strict' color mode?

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 23:16:42 BST 2007

[ Matthew Woehlke, Do., 21. Jun. 2007 ]
> Request for clarification: If that's the case, then is this really a
> 'only use colors in the color scheme' setting, or a 'globally disable
> background images' setting? I suspect there is a world of difference
> between the two.

For the user, it is meant to be the first, but applications are meant to only
bother with the latter (at least in long-term perspective).

We decided against the option name "hide background images by default" because
it also effects the some of the planned KCS convenience functions. It might
make sense, however, to use "Strict mode: Do not show default background
images" in 4.0 until KCS is extended to handle the more complicated
application cases that would be effected by the setting.

Olaf