'strict' color mode?

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Thu Jun 21 23:55:40 BST 2007

[ Matthew Woehlke, Fr., 22. Jun. 2007 ]
> I think I would actually like better to keep this as a separate option,
> as some users might want to do that without the KCS stuff :-), but
> anyway I think the consensus is that the "other stuff", which may or may
> not be coupled to not using background images, will be handled by KCS
> some time in the future (i.e. not in 4.0).

Our suggested widgets for application settings are meant to include
all "appearance" related configuration (foreground colour, background
image/colour/gradient/effect, font, style, size). I am not sure whether it
makes more sense to extend KCS for it or to have a second class that uses KCS
internally. But as you say, this is stuff for 4.1 and later.

Olaf