replacing kcontrol with system settings

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jun 16 22:57:43 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 07:19:30PM +0200, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> Hi!
>
> There are three issues that need to be fixed if system settings replaces
> kcontrol:
>
> 1. Lack of keyboard accessibility

I'm expecting to move the layout to KListView when it's ready
(http://www.ereslibre.es/?p=49) which should sort this and some of the
issues boud pointed out.

> 2. System settings shows only a partial list of the modules
> (e.g. the theme manager is missing, which is needed for accessibility)

Arguably the theme manager should be a separate application, but I'm
happy to include it along with a few changes (removing the links to
other control modules).

> 3. Is there a way for third party modules to add themselves to system
> settings, such as they can add themselves to kcontrol?

Of course, we need to add a few more Categories to the .desktop files
but otherwise it's just the same.

Jonathan