replacing kcontrol with system settings

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Sat Jun 16 10:48:42 BST 2007

[ Benjamin Meyer, Fr., 15. Jun. 2007 ]
> That is not a bug, the theme manager (at least in kde3) didn't fit
> with what belongs in system setting and thus wasn't included.

If some of the kcontrol modules do not "belong" into system settings, then
system settings is not a full replacement for kcontrol. Either we find a
solution for the stuff that system settings is (technically or conceptually)
unable to handle, or we cannot drop kcontrol.

Dropping accessibility functionality is not an option.

> This has been discussed before, read the mailinglist archives.

Could you please explain a bit more?

Olaf