Color roles, coming this Monday to kdelibs?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 15 19:51:32 BST 2007

(CC'ing koffice-devel)

Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> [ Matthew Woehlke, Do., 7. Jun. 2007 ]
>> +    /**
>>       * The default color to use when highlighting toolbar buttons.
>>       * @return the toolbar highlight color
>> +     * @deprecated use color(Button, bgHoverTint) instead
>>       */
>> -    static QColor toolBarHighlightColor();
>> +    KDE_DEPRECATED static QColor toolBarHighlightColor();
>
> Can we not simply kill this? It is only used in one single place according to
> lxr.kde.org (it used to be two places in KDE 3.5, but KToolBarButton has
> already died).

I've no objection. If no one else does; we can kill it on the 25th.

> /koffice/libs/guiutils/KoTooluButton.cpp should either do what the normal
> ToolBarButton now does and not use this colour at all, or use
> color(Button, fgFocusTint) as suggested in my mail from June 8, not
> bgHoverTint (which is a background colour).

Note: it's actually decoration(HoverDecoration) according to the current
KColorScheme implementation. And I'm not sure why they are using it, it
looks like foreground(ActiveText) might actually be the correct color in
this instance. 'palette().disabled().dark()' also looks wrong, I want to
say it should be buttonText().

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"