Setting a kdelibs Freeze Date

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 15 17:58:20 BST 2007

Olaf Schmidt wrote:
> I am not sure whether we will be able to conclude the usability review by
> then, since some of the central KDE parts (e.g. Plasma) have been added to
> kdelibs only recently.

I would have to agree with Olaf about this being a concern, although I
/hope/ the kdelibs API changes are essentially in place (or will be this
Monday). Otherwise maybe we can say that u7y/a11y changes are excepted
from the hard freeze.

> Another topic for us are the colour system changes, which we consider
> must-haves. They consist of three areas:
> a) Extending the colour schemes, and having a usable configuration for them in
> kcontrol

AFAIK configuration is SC (and probably BC) so isn't an issue, the API's
should be done :-).

> b) Having the necessary helper functions (e.g. evaluating colour contrast,
> generating a fitting a background colour for a given numbered colour, etc)

Should be done this Monday I hope! :-)

Hehe... see http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/43251.

> Matthew is targetting this Monday, so it should be no problem, but I would
> like to review the user interface and check that everything is complete.

Right. I would really like to have at least the 25th as a last chance to
make fixes :-). However I was indeed planning on that being it for SIC's.

--
Matthew
"I can hear you / just barely hear you / I can just barely hear you"