Can kdecore depend on QtXml?

Jaroslaw Staniek js at iidea.pl
Thu Jun 14 13:41:33 BST 2007

Chusslove Illich said the following, On 2007-06-14 13:08:

> By the way, feel free to drop me a function which takes filepath as QString
> and returns platform-specific path also as QString :) (I just seem to
> remember you said you did it for something somewhere, so if you have it
> ready...)

You have
static QString toNativeSeparators(const QString &pathName)

KUrl items, OTOH, maybe could be displayed as hyperlinks... ?

>> I believe QRegExp can be enough here - let's hope that nobody is going to
>> add nested semantic tags.
>
> I already have nested tags :) I thought it would be a pitty to have a half-
> baked solution, so I put in also the text structuring stuff, like <para>,
> <title>, <list>, etc. Even on the single-line level, there is for example a
> need for something like:

<ul>, 1-to-1, and this can be performed using search/replace?

Or even how about using tags that more developers are familiar with: <p>,
<ol>, <ul>... and just translate them to docbook if really needed? Or, have
you got so many tags already that HTML tag set is too weak?

BTW, If we're talking about static validity checks, IMHO it wouldn't be sane
and easy to employ Krazy for such checks? (it can use full-featured XML parser
if needed)

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek