changing KGraphicsUtils?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 01:29:40 BST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 18:01:48 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Thomas Zander wrote:
> > * Your patch leaves in code of me/zack but you remove the copyright
> > lines. That's [censored], please don't.
>
> I'm sorry you feel that way, but I am also confused; I still see both
> your names listed as copyright holders

Lets not get hung up on this issue; I just see
- * Copyright (C) 2007 Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org>
- * Copyright (C) 2007 Zack Rusin <zack at kde.org>

in a file that just adds some code. Thats not how we do things, so I'd ask
you to retain the copyright of the file 'as is. Thanks.

> > * Your patch has a comment like this one;

> > [snip] Please don't do that.
>
> Well, it /is/ much slower than it needs to be for the common use case.
> Anyway, is this better?
>
>      // This isn't the fastest way, but should be "fast enough".
>      // It's also the only safe way to use QPainter::CompositionMode

I'm sure you are capable of writing constructive messages and not let any
negative opinion show through. The new example is already a bit better,
yes.
Negative opinions about other peoples code just doesn't add any value to
the code. And, as I stated, we should avoid that.
That is all about working in KDE; respect.
--
Thomas Zander