changing KGraphicsUtils?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Fri Jun 1 01:38:28 BST 2007

On Friday 01 June 2007 00:47:17 Michael Pyne wrote:
> > * We are still / again doing design by committee. We really need
> > usages of the API so we have a set of proper use cases.  I would (re)
> > request that we wait for the codebase to actually gain those before
> > we make decisions on how the method should react.  There just are too
> > many different opinions on what is best.
>
> I thought we already had input from developers saying they needed a
> function like mixColors()?  In the end this is all still about blending
> but the current implementation of blendColors() is apparently still
> lacking. :)

sure, nobody is arguing that.

What is wrong with having _several_ implementations using some blending of
colors to figure out what the best behavior is?
I'm confused what the big haste is. Why do you guys want to settle this
_now_?? (which I conclude from  you continuing this thread)

We traditionally have 3 usages of some code before we find something
eligible to import into KDELibs. For a reason.
I'd really like to know why you guys are resisting the proposed action of
letting the dust settle for a while now.
--
Thomas Zander