kdelibs TODO list

Clarence Dang dang at kde.org
Fri Jul 27 05:26:11 BST 2007

On Friday 27 July 2007 07:45, Allen Winter wrote:
> I would like to move the kdelibs/TODO file onto Techbase.
> I already imported the current contents to [1]
>
> Any objections?
> In kdelibs/TODO we'll simply say to see [1] for the list.
>
> My next step will be turning the list into a table.
> Then I will go through the mailing list and add other
> outstanding "short term" items.

Would this be a good place to list KDE4-specific kdelibs bugs as well?  I've
bumped into a few and would not like to resort to fixing them all myself :)
And I've been told several times that no one reads bugs.kde.org for certain
parts of kdelibs...

Anyway, here's quick list:

1. Setting the output mimetype in a saving KFileDialog is ignored.
And the file extension stuff has disappeared.

2. KDoubleNumInput doesn't handle keyboard input properly esp. with '.'.  I
did see a FIXME in that file regarding the KIntNumInput validator or similar.

3. Pressing the '?' button (from kwin) on a child widget of a widget
containing WhatsThis complains about a lack of WhatsThis, even though it
could just fetch it from its parent.