Request for Review: KExpandableWidget into kdeui

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Jul 25 08:43:35 BST 2007

No autotests?

>> widget/setWidget are very generic, but I am not sure of better name,
>> perhaps something like containedWidget()
>
> It used to be setInnerWidget()(innerWidget(). setCentralWidget()
> like in
> QMainWindow sounds too bold imho. containedWidget() would be an
> idea indeed,
> but it has no precedence in the Qt API. Do you think I should
> rename it
> anyways?

There is precedence, searching .*Widget in assistant I find:

cornerWidget
indexWidget
cellWidget
centralWidget
itemWidget
listWidget
menuwidget
defaultWidget
and more

searching for widget() I find a handful of Q3 classes that have it
and some in Qt, but
most of the classes that do have a function called widget take a
parameter to distinguish between several widgets such as the splitter.

-Benjamin Meyer