Request for Review: KExpandableWidget into kdeui

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Wed Jul 25 10:58:03 BST 2007

On Tuesday 24 July 2007 22:45, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> I am asking to include KExpandableGroupBox [1] (screenshot at [2]) into
> SVN.
> It behaves similar to a QGroupBox,  but is collapsed by default and can be
> expanded.

The name KExpandableGroupBox suggested to me a group box whose size can
vary according to its contents, not one which can be expanded and
collapsed. IMHO KCollapsibleGroupBox (similar to its existing name in
apps) would be better since it is more immediately obvious what its
function is. Even if it is collapsed by default (which I presume is why
you chose the name), it still is collapsible (once it has been expanded),
and KCollapsibleGroupBox would convey its purpose more clearly.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.