Patch for klaptopdaemon and its future.

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Wed Jul 18 09:58:29 BST 2007

Le lundi 16 juillet 2007, Raúl Sánchez Siles a écrit :
> I think there are several reasons for that. KLD is supposed to be an
> unmaintained piece of code, yet there isn't any "offical" KDE replacement
> for it[1]. Being such unmaintained, it's not planned to be included on KDE4
> using the KDE3 approach so, any option here? I have been told that there's
> a battery plasmoid for kde4 but shouldn't be solid that handle this? [2]

Actually both, solid provides the mechanisms to deal with this, but we need
plasma as a display on your desktop.

> [1] alternatives are kpowersave and kde-guidance-powermanager which has
> their pros and cons, yet they aren't KDE official.

guidance-powermanager will disappear, and kpowersave will be ported to KDE4
and get a usability review. In my ideal fantasy world, kpowersave, once
refactored, will be the KDE official.

> [2] related thread:
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/panel-devel/2007-June/001350.html

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-hardware-devel/2007-July/000255.html

Actually, if you're interested in helping with this kind of hardware related
topic, I advise you to subscribe to kde-hardware-devel, that's where it gets
discussed.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."