Removal of kjsembed from kdelibs

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 08:38:41 BST 2007

On 7/16/07, Matt Broadstone <mbroadst at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sounds good to me, it's been a long time coming, but I think we all
> agreed pretty early on that this was going to be how things
> progressed; we just can't compete with a product like QtScript
> realistically. I'm interested to see your work regarding QtScript (is
> it located in svn anywhere currently?).

It's in playground/bindings/qtscript the files in qtscriptplugins are
a version of the command line interpreter with plugin support (and the
plugins themselves).

> Do you plan to include say a directory in kdelibs to build our
> additions to QtScript, or extend QtScript and try to merge the changes
> upstream, or just develop our port of QtScript within Kross?

I think just installing the plugins would work ok, then apps can
choose if they load them or not (allowing them to retain the ability
to sandbox where required).

> Also, though this might be just a minor concern, but are you
> considering developing a migration path for anything currently using
> kjse?

Well, the only thing I really know about that uses it is kross. And
since we broke compatibility between 3.x and 4.x I don't see it as a
big deal for anything else.

> Anyway, I think there are a number of issues to be discussed here,
> perhaps we could set up a time for some related people to get together
> and discuss all of this, suggestions for times are welcome, I'm pretty
> available right now.

Yes, I think an irc meeting would be useful.

Cheers

Rich.