KDE 4.0 Feature Freeze

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Jul 15 14:22:23 BST 2007

On Sunday 15 Jul 2007, Riccardo Iaconelli wrote:
> On Sunday 15 July 2007 14:08:18 Allen Winter wrote:
> > We should draw the line on new Plasmoids at 25 July, I think.
>
> I don't think so. New plasmoids bear as new plasma features appear,
> and because they're not very big pieces of software that requires
> heavy debug or that can have lots of difficult bugs, the freeze is
> much less needed for them. I think that the right time will be when
> we will freeze the plasma features (so before the rcs), and we will
> be also able to decide which should be the plasmoids to ship with
> kde, and which should be 3rd party ones.

Well, of course, we can't place a freeze on the 3rd party ones.  The
only thing that would be frozen would be the list of plasmoids shipping
with kdebase (and kdeaddons, if there are plasmoids shipped in there).

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org
Ubuntu/Kubuntu: http://www.ubuntu.org http://www.kubuntu.org