KDE 4.0 Feature Freeze

Riccardo Iaconelli riccardo at kde.org
Mon Jul 16 22:33:04 BST 2007

On Sunday 15 July 2007 15:22:23 Alex Merry wrote:
> Well, of course, we can't place a freeze on the 3rd party ones.  The
> only thing that would be frozen would be the list of plasmoids shipping
> with kdebase (and kdeaddons, if there are plasmoids shipped in there).
But we still haven't decided which ones should ship with KDE and which other
be third party!
Plasmoids are very little pieces of software, that can just be made when the
frameworks allows it, and they're made very quickly at that moment.
There are still some important ones that are not done yet because of some
concepts still work in progress into the plasma lib: see for example the
concept of the extenders, which is very new and needs a lot of work, that one
for example will be really useful and needed to make plasmoids like the
kuiserver one. Please delay the freeze for plasmoids too!

Bye,
-Riccardo
--
GPG key: