KDE development with git

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jul 12 00:48:59 BST 2007

Paolo Capriotti wrote:
>I do see the danger in having a zillion of different kde core projects
>spreaded in a number of hosting facilities, and that's exactly why I was
>proposing an "official" way to depart from svn.

And I strongly oppose any official depart from Subversion at this time.

You may use any VCS you want for your projects, but Subversion is still
the only official VCS for KDE. You must import your code into Subversion
if you want KDE translations. And you must import your code into
Subversion if you want KDE Release Managers to release your code.

So, yes, I do see the danger of spreading source code around into multiple
hosting websites. That's why I urge everyone to keep using Subversion.

It's too soon to move away from Subversion. Everyone agrees with that.
Even the supporters of git, because they (should I say we?) recognise
that git isn't ready yet.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358