KDE development with git

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Jul 11 18:50:07 BST 2007

On Jul 11, 2007, at 5:59 PM, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

> On Wednesday 11 July 2007, Paolo Capriotti wrote:
>> Git encourages a development model where many branches are created,
>
> as great as git has become, i think it would be unfortunate to
> fragment kde
> development along multiple VCs like this. it will raise the barrier
> to entry
> for those wanting to get involved with our various projects

Hmm....

Don't really see how.  There isn't much a difference between checking
out some path in extra gear or cloning some git url.  It would be
nice if KDE offered gitweb for those who want to host projects such
as: http://git.or.cz/   Git has a lot to offer.   If possible I would
be in favor of moving apps out of the massive single depot into per
app depots (if the maintainers on a per app basis want to do that)

-Benjamin Meyer