Some problems with KDE4 concerning japanese

Robert Knight robertknight at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:24:34 BST 2007

Hello Nicolas,

> kwrite accepts Japanese input if I commit but konsole doesn't.

The input method event support has not yet been re-implemented for
Konsole in KDE 4.  I do intend to do this before the next beta / alpha
etc. is released.   It might be a good idea to file a bug report as
well to track any problems.

I would really appreciate help from Chinese, Japanese etc. users who
can help me test complex input and find problems with the text input
and rendering.  Preferably this means people who are getting regular
KDE snapshots via the OpenSuSE build service or who can build KDE 4
themselves.

Regards,
Robert.