Some problems with KDE4 concerning japanese

Nicolas Lécureuil neoclust.kde at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 12:07:20 BST 2007

Hi,

On mandriva translation Mailing list a japanese user asked a question
and i wanted to know if some of you have some ideas of what is wrong.
FYI we have kde4 3.91 on mandriva.

"I can type Japanese in Konqueror and Dolphin but have problems in kwrite
and konsole.  In both apps, preedit is not shown at all and candidates
appear at the bottom of the window when I try to convert invisible
preedit.  kwrite accepts Japanese input if I commit but konsole doesn't."

Thanks in advance for all your future answers.

Nicolas Lécureuil
Mandriva Contributor