Integrating Gwenview in kdegraphics?

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Thu Jan 18 17:25:42 GMT 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 17:10, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> well, I think it's scary for Joe User :/ (it's even scary for a lot of
> geeks ;) )
>
> I think that if you want to replace kuickshow, you need to offer a better
> user experience, so while, in features it's clearly better, honestly, the
> user interface of gwenview makes me flee.
>
> And then the last question, about replacement, that need to be answered is
> wether we want to ship, by default, an image browser or an image viewer or
> both ?

Just so that I understand what this discussion is about: the choices are the
best and _maintained_ image application and one that isn't maintained and
hasn't been for a while and to a: "hey, do you want a free/better
application", response of the most is "well, you have to implement those
features first"?
 I really like Gwenview and I definitely liked a lot Lubos response from
above. I also think it's awesome that Aurélien is interested in getting his
app in kdegraphics itself because the module needs some life bread into it.
None of you wrote or even tried to write a better image viewer but so many of
you feel that you have the right to make demands and provide pretty nasty
criticism.
I guess what I'm saying is that you guys are dicks and I hope Gwenview will
end up in kdegraphics as soon as possible and Aurélien will continue working
on it.