So late... again

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jan 16 07:41:31 GMT 2007

On Monday 15 January 2007 19:24, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
> 3) I won't be able to handle the designer created form resizing. You

that's because you don't have a layout in the top level of your form. see the
attched revised ui file.

moreover, you shouldn't have buttons in your layout "Cancel" and "Accept".
besides being in the wrong order and having the wrong labels,
UIConfigurationDialog should subclass KDialog rather than QWidget and call
setButtons(Cancel|Ok);

> can see on uiserver_p.h the new configuration window inherits from
> QWidget and Ui::configurationDialog, but if this widget is resized,
> the designer created one wont be resized. BTW, if I do:
>
> 867:    setupUi(this);
>
> and then setLayout(verticalLayout);

how can this even work? setLayout takes a QLayout* and verticalLayout is a
QWidget*? moreover, verticalLayout is already a child of the widget at this
point, so if you tried to call setLayout with it you'd have problems anyways.

once you've made the appropriate changes, can you please make a screenshot of
the final dialog and send it to kde-usability-devel at kde.org for review[1]?
thanks...

[1]  all new UI in kdelibs, and in a good world kdebase, should automatically
go through this step

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se