[RFC] SVN Guidelines.

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Tue Feb 27 20:59:16 GMT 2007

Op di 27 feb 2007 21:50 schreef u:
> My first objection is to /tags/unmaintained. I don't like those at all.
> Simply svn rm the old code and add it to the wiki page. But there are
> advantages to doing that -- i.e., you can use websvn to look at the
> experimental code without having to go to the wiki and then enter the
> revision number.

That was my best argument for /tags/unmaintained, you can very easy look up some code, grep through it or retrieve a single file through websvn. Also reviving an application is imho more likely to happen when it's somewhere obvious and not rm'ed. Revisions on a wiki is not so obvious I think.

> In any event, /tags/unmaintaned[34] is unnecessary. Maybe we can have
> subdirs, but mostly I don't think it would matter.

i dont mindeither way, as long as there is a separation.

> Next, I think it's unnecessary for an application that is in kdereview to
> move back and forth into playground while it's being developed. Once it's
> moved into kdereview, it should probably stay there until it's either a)
> ready for moving up or b) abandoned. Where "abandoned" includes "not
> improving the application to meet the requirements of upper modules".

Ok. That's probably better on the condition that the last sentence is defined in a certain timeframe.

Toma