I "like" Mandriva's attitude (Fwd: Re: well-known user folders, a proposal)

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Thu Feb 22 23:33:39 GMT 2007

On Thursday 22 February 2007 23:53, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> I don't think they are stupid, but just clumsy. As a Linux vendor they
> should probably know that the upstream projects can be contacted by
> numerous ways.

It just doesn't work this way in practice. This is free software, so no
guarantee to get a reply, and it's already complicated enough to know how to
get one (yes, it takes time to search for which mailing list to post on, and
then to check if anybody replied). Bottom line : it's quicker to patch than
to investigate for the right solution.

--
Guillaume.
http://telegraph-road.org